Tuesday, February 19, 2013

...the last remnants of my old life.

Time is doing that weird thing again where I stop for a moment and look back and have a fleeting sense of vertigo - where did the last 6 weeks vanish to? Wasn't it just New Years???

Then time stretched like warm taffee and my follow up thought was "No...that was years ago wasn't it? That person who lived that life of an LSS owner?"

Then a painful snap back to reality that neither is true. I conclude that change is just a part of life and that person who was, and the person who is....well they are just the same person who are on the journey of many hats.

So creative time this past week - ZIP. ZERO. ZILCH. I spent most of my free time organizing my stash (ohgoodlordpleasemakethepilesend) in my crafting area, and the other part organizing my store into one last push to liquidate what is left.

If you weren't aware, I am having a liquidation sale this Sat Feb 23rd from 10am - 6pm at The Scrapbox location. Cash only and creazy deals to be had on new and used product and fixtures! Here are some pictures!

















So lots of stuff that simply must go. Come early to get the good deals. Talk to Jenn to play "Lets make a deal" and score some awesome stuff for a fraction of the price. Tell anyone and everyone who you might think would like to be there - 5510 Canotek Rd Unit #13 from 10 am to 6pm on Sat Feb 23rd!

On a slightly different note - I received an email from a friend this past weekend asking my how to get started with Art Journaling. Good question! I will be doing a lot of it myself in the next forseeable future and will be happy to share what I do here, and how I do it etc. I think the most important thing to remember is that with Art Journaling - kinda anything goes. It can be abstract, or it can tell a story, it can have journaling, or just one word or no words at all. Start with doing things you KNOW and add a little of what you don't. If you have a product that you have never used,  but looked cool at the time, google it and see what other people are doing with it and then try it yourself. Trying it out on paper is always better than keeping it in its packaging. It's ok to experiment - you may find the most incredible discoveries happen quite by accident.

Oooooh I just had a phrase pop into my head .... "Art By Accident".....LOVE IT!

I hope you get to do some. I will be making sure I have creative time this weekend somehow...even if it's finger painting with my daughter.

huzzah!

2 comments:

  1. Art by Accident - yup - I love it too! Good luck with the sale Jenn - lucky shoppers! I won't be able to make it, teaching a workshop - all the best!

    Lorena
    www.scrappingcorner.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lorena - it should be a fun day seeing some familiar faces!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete