Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I had a Valentine's crises...really...

This blog was delayed due to a small Valentine's crises here at chez langlois. Managed to get them all made, they just need to be written in by my wee Emma and perhaps a stamp if we have time. That's just the problem...not a lot of extra time. I will post some pictures of the finished Valentines, perhaps tomorrow....or the next day...the next days sounds good...

..but for now, I am going to post some pics of the messing around I did in my Art Journal over the weekend. I am still coming to grips with what Art Journaling is for me. Mostly I just smashed around, played with colours and stencils for this first 2 pager. I am using Dyan Reavlely's Art Journal which has 2 different paper in it. The following is done with the Manilla...

Not really sure what I was going for here, other than to play with colour and stencils and a bit of doodling in between. The reason I used the Manilla paper is because I was spraying with lots of glimmer mist and dylusion sprays and it never bled through no matter how much I laid it down. It wrinkled...but didn't bleed. Good to know.

Then I pulled out a set of mixed media that I haven't had a chance to really play with yet.

Mix & Match Art Studio Collection if I recall correctly...


This bit of doodling is done on the white pages of the art journal, with the Big Brush and a bit of the small brush Pitt Pens. I love these pens - the colours are so rich! I am going to keep the white paper sections of the book for playing with mediums that aren't heavy with water, unless I plan on gesso'ing first. The white papers bled profusely as my friend HAM found out to her dismay. But for the Pitt pens, gelatos (no water!) and the pastels...should be fine...which means it's going to be doodle heaven for these sections. I'll try to do some stamping techniques here and see what happens too.

After a bit of this I was ready to go back to being messy. But since I also brought my Washi Tape Collection, I thought I would play with that too and this is what I came up with.


Kinda looks like some messed up game of snakes and ladders. I did do some stamping as well with the Kaiser Craft texture stamps AND mixing up colours of the Big Brush PITT pens but it's hard to see the subtle changes in colour.. I also couldn't leave my stencils alone either. Hmmmm...not sure if I am going to leave it like this or keep going with it later. I guess right now, both are equally possible!

I want to start doing some canvases too, although right now I need to just work on some mixed media technique. I am excited to say that I signed up for Scrapfest tonight (right at 8:00pm) and that I will be doing a layered class with Vicki Boutin which I am looking forward to very much. I am also looking forward to doing Karen Ellis' Make & Take so will be sure to dash to her booth as soon as I am able.

That's it. I'm pooped. I am working tomorrow at the clinic so want to be in top form for that! Have a good night folks and will maybe post again later this week.

Ciao Bellas!

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment