Wednesday, March 20, 2013

...and week two of life kicking my butt...

...but as one of my all time favourite songs firmly reminds me...

I will survive!

Sooooo March Break was broken by my getting ill. Went to my mother's on the weekend after getting my act together enough to drive that far and my mother had a cold. She was so impressed with it, she gave it back to me as I left.

In reality, my little family and I have been passing around the flu-d'jour for weeks and didn't realize how badly my DD had it until this morning. We took her in to see the NP and discovered that among other annoying symptoms she had a double ear infection.

?!???!?? Up till then, she never complained, although if it were me I would be whining like a kicked dog.

A little shout out to any Mom's that read my blog...always always ALWAYS listen to your gut when it comes to your babies. When YOU KNOW in your bones that something is wrong with them, you can take that to the bank. Or in this case, to the doctor's office. They are your heart walking around outside your body after all...

Anyways...my life is skidding sideways in some respects, my health especially, which takes my focus off of creating. I walk past my craft table with so many ideas clinging to it like ghosts...waiting to be made into reality. It'll come, I keep telling them...I will arrive and give you life and artistic flesh...be patient with me...Mrs Arty Frakenstein that's me. 

I think I need inspiration. More than what Pinterest can offer. What inspires you? Help me out here...really. What gets your crafty motor purring after a dry spell?

To sweeten the pot, I am going to do my first ever BLOG GIVEAWAY! WOOHAAA! WHy not? As most of you know, I had an LSS not that long ago and I still have quality goods to find good homes for. I made up some Grab-Bags with over $50 of various goodies - papers, die cuts, embellies and more. I will give one away, in a random draw.

All you have to do is comment on this post with something that inspires me. Everyone who posts gets put into a draw (1 per person) and next Tuesday March  26th around 8pm I'll pick a name. If it's one person - then they win! Woot!





Here's a peek at me putting these kits together. You'll could win one! Comment...inspire me! Please!

Hope you have a good week folks...I'm feeling a bit better today so I have hope. I always have hope.

Jenn

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jenn
    I've been in bed the past two weeks with high pain levels so i've been on the laptop a lot to pass the time and for distraction. I started looking at a lot of videos on mixed media and art journaling and it's really got me excited to try and play. So much so that I got my hubby to take down my wooden mailbox and I started altering it with sprays and stencils, crackle paint, modeling paste etc. Also I started pinning card, layouts and mixed media ideas. So that has got my juices flowing this week.
    Hope you feel better soon and can start to play.
    Hugs
    Suzane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzane - you inspire me daily with how you persevere in spite of the pain you are in. I would love to see this mailbox - can you post a picture of it somewhere? Let me know! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jenn,
    I often look at blogs for inspiration, especially those of the design teams of scrapbooking companies. For color combos, ads, home decor and fashion pictures can be very inspiring. As well, you can look at some of your art journal pages and layouts and do a different take on them. Hope that helps...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise! I should look over my Art Journal pages...I have some truly brilliant ones given to me from very talented peeps...thank you. Good idea!

      Delete
  3. I have been dealing with kidney stones and a VERY painful stent in my kidney that hurts 24/7. I am also 8 1/2 months pregnant and have 5 small kids aged 9, 8, 6 ,3 and 1 to care for as well. My hubby leaves for work for a month in a couple days. I will be in the birthing room myself and will have to arrange child care when I go into labor. On top of everything I am going through I never miss a beat with the housework or kids. I also MAKE time for myself EVERY evening to scrapbook. My friends always say they don't know how I do it. I tell them, 'you have to and therefore you do'. It is that simple. No matter what life gives you, you will pull through. Sick kids, headaches, housework, shopping etc...when you finish everything from that day to be able to sit at your craft desk and still have 'Me' time...it is a great feeling! You must never forget about yourself because your kids can feel the stress that you feel. Inspiration does not always have to come from others work or art but from yourself. Be inspired from what YOU have accomplished today and that your kids have gone to bed happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uhm. wow. 5 kids? Kidney Stones? Oi. Puts a whole lot into perspective - thank you so much! Keep truckin Girl! Do you post any of your scrapbooking anywhere? Would love to see it!

      Jenn

      Delete
    2. I have only posted it on my Facebook page album. One week of pregnancy left! This truck is running out of gas :D haha

      Delete