Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Week 3, Part 2...

Here is some actual creating I was able to do over the last week or so. More of the Pandora Album...

First page I had some fun with strips of paper left over from one of my favourite Teresa Collins Album Kits. I love finding ways to use up "scraps".


Then - pulling out some grungeboard letters from my man Tim's collection from - get this - 2006! i painted black and glossy accented as a top coat. Bang! - they look awesome. I love crystal laquer/glossy accents (whatever). It's like Franks Red Hot, I put that *beep* on everything. 


 While over at a friends place, I was working on finishing up this page by altering a chipboard heart from Bazzill. It was a plain grey piece, that I painted creme, stamped with Archival Black ink (v. important because otherwise it would blend when....) then I put my Franks Red Hot....I mean Glossy Accents on top. Love this. Basic technique but thrills me every time. Don't know why...don't care. So moving on to Page #2.

AUGH! More scraps!!!! But then I look at them and think...it looks kinda like a banner...but the back looks even nicer so...


Turn it around, tape it up, make the banner cuts with scissors (no need for a cutter really, and no ruler either hah!) add a bit of ribbon to cover the seam. Then, just cause I had a scrap of it - some of that yummy Maya Road 'string-o-bling' across. Underneath the banner peices, a bit of toule just to soften the black up a bit...


Did you see that? Yeah...one of the crystals is missing. I know. There wasn't enough on either side to make a piece long enough to go across.  I spent 5 minutes of my life - 5 minutes I am never getting back - letting my TAP tendencies frustrate me until I smacked down the bling with the missing gem as a lesson never to let TAP tendencies get in the way of creativity.

Art isn't perfect folks, and it shouldn't be. Anyone trying to tell you otherwise is lying to yer face. Strive instead for excellence. It is highly achievable and you better yourself in the process whether you achieve it or not.

Added a bit of old dictionary as a mat for the picture (peeking at us in the upper right corner) and that page is done.

I uncovered in my craft area a green Crop-o-dile and matching case full of large eyelets which conveniently fit the holes in the covers. After refreshing my memory on how to set eyelets with the Crop-o-dile, I put eyelets in both covers and both pages and put everything together with hinge rings. I approve of this, as eyelets will keep the paper from ripping from over-handling.

That's it for now. Tomorrow is a very busy day that starts with dropping my white furry feline off for dental surgery at holy-early-o-clock and then I am running for the rest of the day. I am going to go to bed early and get a good nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment